An Easter Dinner Must!
Well if you weren’t sure on what to make for your Easter dinner this weekend, I have found you a solution! I was at Alforno Bakery and Café the other day and they has a mini egg cheesecake and honestly its all I’ve been thinking about since. So I searched Pinterest and found this recipe. It is Easter and my birthday this weekend so I am most definitely making this and eating at least 3-4 pieces myself! I hope you try it too and enjoy the combination of two very delicious treats. Chances are I will use just buy the Oreo crumbs for the base and not go through the whole chopping of biscuits, but do as you may please.
- 280 g Digestive Chocolate Biscuits
- 140 g Butter Unsalted, melted
- 360 g Mini Cadbury’s Mini Eggs plus 270g to decorate (about 7 small bags in total)
- 550 ml Double cream plus 50ml to decorate (lightly whipped until it forms soft peaks)
- 140 g Icing Sugar sifted
- 2 x 280g Tubs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Full fat
- Juice of half a lemon
- Crush the biscuits until they look like lumpy sand.
- Mix with the melted butter and press into your 7″ tin.
- Chop the 360g of the Mini Eggs in half.
- Combine the whipped cream, icing sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and chopped Mini Eggs. Fold in gently until fully combined.
- Smooth on top of the biscuit base and flatten the top with the back of a spoon or a palette knife if you have one.
- Chill for 2 hours or even better, over night.
- Use my knife tip (above) to remove the cheesecake from the tin.
- Plop the remaining whipped cream on top of the cheesecake and pile on the remaining Mini Eggs (some chopped in half).
- Share and enjoy!