It’s that time of year again! Spring-cleaning can seem like a daunting task and it’s difficult to know where to begin, but we’ve selected a few tips to help make that huge job a little easier:
- Organize! Before you start putting away clutter, take the time to really organize inside your drawers, closets and cupboards. It makes finding things so much easier and will make your routine so much more efficient. We love the many drawer and closet organizers available in stores. Even your junk drawer can be well-organized!
- Be ruthless when donating or throwing out items. Check for old or expired spices, and donate any clothes you haven’t worn in the last year. If you haven’t worn it in a year, you probably are never going to wear it.
- Clean windows using 2 cups water, ¼ cup white vinegar and ½ tsp dish detergent. Avoid washing windows on a sunny day, as the cleaning solution will dry too fast and leave streaks
- Deep clean carpets. If you don’t want to pay for a professional to come and clean your carpets, you can easily rent a carpet cleaner from retailers such as Safeway. Make sure you test the cleaner on a hidden spot first to ensure it won’t cause any discolouration
- Update bed linens and flip over the mattress. Even a new duvet can completely change the look of a room and can create a completely different, more Spring-like mood.
- Wash walls, doorframes and baseboards with an old rag using a small amount of dishwashing liquid and water.
- Multitask! While waiting for your laundry to be done, get started on the deep clean of your fridge, or start cleaning out your closet.
- Listen to music or an audiobook – It’s a great mood booster and will almost make you forget that you’re cleaning!